31.8.08

Take Away from Idelsohn 10 - Ben Yehuda 252


There you have a challenge for the top-class cafe:


cappuccino.. 20 seconds... to go!


LOCATION 6
I never visited this particular Idelsohn. I use to go to Idelsohn on Dizengoff street. Ben-Yehuda Idelsohn is on the corner of Irmiyauh. It's a very not special location.. But on the other side there is the Namal (harbour).

MENU 10
My history with Idelsohn 10 is long: I ate all their cakes, read a Paul Oster's book, tasted all the cookies, celebrated my 18th birthday with 4 cakes, got a food poisoning from bad caviar, and lived to eat a dinner as consolation for my suffering..
Idelsohn offers a variety of classic and unusual cakes and cookies. Most are with chocolate or fruits. What i like most about Idelsohn's pastry are the creams...they know how to make them taste good...
I suggest you leave all the rest : Idelsohn is for eating magnificant cakes, not secular eggs!!! When i was offered a pastry with my cappuccino-to-go, the waiter sang a long list of crunchy goods...

SIT
I won't refer to the sitting, because i didn't sit in this Idelsohn..

SERVICE 3
I showed up with a morning-face, and got a welcoming Ahalan. The coffee was made fast. The waitress to whom i payed seemed not proffesional indeed, and actually interfered with the making of my coffee!!

VISITORS 2
I didn't know Taxi drivers buy their turkish coffee in coffeehouses.. Aside from them, a lot of half-naked people come from the beach, to eat something and have a small-talk.

THE COFFEE 0
I'd expect Idelsohn 10 to at least have a paper-cup with its logo on it - but they don't. Instead, they use coffee-machine cups, with a horrible color and a horrible "coffee" written on it - so you won't get confused with what you have in it.. The coffee was salty, and not tasty at all. I did not enjoy it. It was weak, the milk was like soap bubbles, and the ugly cup made it all worse. Idelsohn! Regain your Senses!!! last chance!!

OVERALL 4.2
My brief take-away experience in Idelsohn was stained by a non-professional waitress, bad coffee, and even worse take away cup.. Don't start your day there.
They serve bread, but you Eat cakes in Idelsohn 10. That's the reason why Idelsohn exists..

No comments: